Wednesday, 16 July 2014

How Did I Manage This?



Hey all,

So, the surprise of the day for me was finding a sizable chunk of Dreamstate II that I failed to edit. It turned out to be only about fifteen pages, but that’s what I ended up fixing for the day, rather than entering all that other stuff into the computer. At first, I thought that maybe I’d just come across a section that I’d done really well on… but alas it was not as such. It just turned out that I’d somehow skipped a chapter and moved on without ever going back. Maybe I had to figure something out first? I’m not sure what happened, but it’s fixed now.

Also, I went back to my horror story yesterday to take a peek at what I thought was pretty polished work. It seems that it does pay to take a bit of time away from a story, because I have a ton of new ideas for how to fix a scene that was giving me a bit of trouble before. It was alright, I guess, but I’m going for astounding, not acceptable—lots of people can write alright stuff, but it bugs me to leave something that I’m not totally happy with. There are still a few things about Dreamstate: Dark Eyes that bug me a bit. I figure eventually I can release a five book compendium and tweak the parts that aren’t perfect… as well as the one typo that anyone can find; oh well.

Aside from all that, there’s not all that much to report since I’m not creating anything new; and entering the changes back into the document is super boring. So for the next couple weeks, the blog posts are probably going to be short and mostly about crazy things I’ve found myself doing during the editing. This is the lull in the excitement storm of doing book stuff. The excite will return, but not for a little while.

-Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment