Thursday, 18 September 2014

Whoops!

Hey all,


I thought this had posted last night… apparently I did not click the submit button. I must have just left it saved as a draft; whoops, sorry for the belated post.

So the dictionary that I’ve been working on over the past couple days is turning out to be the most horrible nit-picky thing I’ve ever tried to do in my life. I’ve spent hours already just trying to figure out the best way to set it up so I won’t have to triple check to make sure I have all the terms/ take three days to re-enter it all into the book. It seems that I have a lot more content that I thought I did to translate, and that it doesn’t necessarily get easier the more that you do it. As is, I have everything set up and I’m just filling in the blanks, but those blanks are a lot more time consuming than you’d think. I’ve also found a few instances where I have overlap in terms and funky grammatical structures that I don’t like. As I said, this is super nit-picky and a bit of a nightmare, but the end should be exactly how I want it… if I can survive that long.

The rest of the book is done, I’m still just following behind where Charlotte is reading and making the changes to the bits that she points out. I said last week that they tended to be things that I’d been unsure about before anyways and her pointing tends to just clarify the problems.

Short post, lots of word organizing to do. Bleh!

-Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment